- Interested in the CPR, or northern Ontario railroading?
- Want to learn more about prototype railway modelling?
- Wish to participate in realistic operating sessions?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you should consider the WRMRC.
Obviously we offer the ability to model on a grander scale than is usually possible on a home layout. However there are many differences which make the WRMRC a unique group. The most important is that clear and defined modelling goals and objectives have been set. This limits club politics, so we spend more time modelling, building, operating and having fun.
But what if I have no interest in Canadian Pacific, the ’70s or northern Ontario modelling, why should I join?
The founders of the WRMRC understood that choosing a specific prototype and era would limit popularity. But there is an attraction to modelling something that is real, or was real at some point in the past. Also having a set plan produces a number of positive qualities:
- Clear goals and standards result in superior layout operation and appearance.
- With such standards construction becomes well-ordered and motivated.
- No conflicts in modelling direction, regardless of changes in membership.
- Accomplishing common objectives leads to good feelings and camaraderie.
Additionally, the WRMRC hosts regular prototype-inspired operating sessions. Not certain what that means? Think of it as a giant role-playing game. We become engineers, conductors, dispatchers and yardmasters. Train schedules are followed, along with blocking of freight traffic between trains. Freight delivery is governed by a car-card and waybill system which mimics the real-life generation of traffic by railway customers. In short, the CP Sudbury Division becomes a miniature transportation system.
Also, joining the WRMRC includes the opportunity to build, kitbash, paint and weather models with the help and guidance of our more experienced members.
As an added incentive we offer your first month of membership free. This allows you to join in on our regular work nights and participate in an operating session, and make sure the WRMRC is right for you.
For more information about membership, or the WRMRC in general please send us e-mail.
Come and be a part of the action – Join the WRMRC!