In 1955 CP’s Angus shops built 825 40 ft. boxcars with 8′ doors numbered in the 55500 series. For these cars CP bought pre-fabricated 4-3-1 “American style” Improved Dreadnaught ends rather than Canadian-built ends. This is nice for modellers since the car can be reproduced from American AAR 10′ 6″ box car kits. Marty Cybulski started this project with a C&BT Car Shops kit – one of the older kits with separate detail parts – which came with diagonal panel roof, 8′ door, and 4-3-1 IDE ends. Aside from replacing the kit ladders with 8-rung Canadian ladders, and using finer grab irons and brake details, the kit is close to stock. Note the relective circles, ACI labels and the yellow “no roof walk” warning label. Some of these Angus-built cars were given the Red Shield when CP re-assigned them into paper service in 1962.